You depend on your auto shop to keep you informed about your upcoming vehicle maintenance and reliable auto repair. But, it is important to be fully informed on all matters of vehicles, so here is a look at some of California’s more interesting automobile legislation.
Auto Shop Keeps You Informed about the Law in California
- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale. It probably doesn’t matter if you have a camo paint job on the vehicle at the time.
- Women may not drive in a house coat. Doing so with spike heels may or may not affect the officer’s judgement on whether a ticket should be issued for this crime.
- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. Let your auto shop know if your car keeps doing this.
City Vehicle Related Laws – from Your Informative Auto Shop
Some cities have their own laws that apply only to their neck of the woods. Be aware of these laws if you’re driving through their turf.
- Arcadia: Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways. One must assume this also applies to Peahens, but who knows?
- Downey: It is illegal to wash your car in the street. You would think that would be the ideal place, given it cleans the street up, too, but they like things dirty in Downey, apparently.
- Eureka: Persons may not sleep on a road. Okay, who is the jerk that messed this up for everybody?
- Glendale: It is illegal to jump into a passing car. Cars may not be driven in reverse. Did Evil Knievel get his start in Glendale?
- Long Beach: Cars are the only item allowed in a garage. And let that be a lesson to you, garage bands!
Reliant Auto Repair
Let your favorite auto shop, Reliant Auto Repair, know if you hear of any other fun California laws that you’d like passed along.